Casting a Vote on an Electronic Voting Machine
- Each office or question to be voted on is indicated by a Green X
- Choose a candidate by pressing the button alongside their name
- Vote on a question by pressing the button alongside your choice, either YES or NO. A Green X will light up alongside your choice
- Vote any write-in selections by using instructions below
- When ALL selections have been made, press the Red CAST VOTE button on the lower right of the panel
DO NOT PRESS THIS BUTTON BEFORE
COMPLETING YOUR SELECTIONS!
DO NOT LEAVE THE MACHINE WITHOUT
PRESSING THE CAST VOTE BUTTON!
NOT SURE WHAT TO DO?
ASK FOR HELP FROM THE BOARD WORKER
ATTENDING THE MACHINE!
Write-in Voting Using the Electronic Machine
- The voter selects the office for which she/he wishes to cast a write-in vote, then presses the button in the write-in column (note in column directs the voter to the keypad below). This activates the keypad at the bottom of the machine. The display panel says ‘enter write-in name‘.
- The voter enters the name on the keypad and data appears on the display panel exactly as entered. Spaces are inserted using the forward arrow key. Corrections are made by using the reverse arrow key to delete the incorrect letter, then keying in the correct letter.
- If name in panel is correct, the voter hits the ENTER key on the keypad
- CORRECTIONS CAN NOT BE MADE AFTER THE ENTER KEY IS PRESSED
- The voter then continues to make other ballot selections